- Dog Breed: Toy Poodle
- Description: AVAILABLE NOW: Please check with me to see what is available. Ask if you have an interest in Show Quality dogs as I may have them available also.* 1 white female
* 1 red male
* 1 black male
* 1 black femaleDON’T SETTLE FOR THE BACKYARD BREEDER online or in the newspapers! Many claim “champion lines” but are 5 generations away from an AKC Champion. Look at their pictures: disproportionate heads with big, bugged out eyes, crooked and twisted legs, bent / humped / or sloped back, short little legs that give them the look of a bassethound… not at all what a poodle should be. The majority of our puppies have at least 1 AKC Champion parent.
OUR BREEDING PROGRAM: We breed for quality, health, and a sweet disposition. We believe that if you want to get a poodle, it ought to be a POODLE — one that fits the standard of the breed in good disposition, cuteness, health, and sweetness. I would not sell a dog to you if I was not confident that these dogs did not have the health they need to have to be a long-lasting companion.
Do not be deceived by Backyard Breeders so commonly found online or in your local newspapers. I have written a MUST READ article titled “Questions to Ask a Poodle Breeder.” Even if you do not purchase an Abounding Poodle, please study and do your homework so you don’t end up with an unhealthy, nervous, destructive, and ugly toy poodle. Here is the address: http://www.aboundingpoodles.com/questions.htm
HEALTH / GENETIC TESTS: Who wants to get attached to a dog, then have the dog go blind or die after a couple of years as a result of inbred genetic diseases? That’s why we have yearly CERF exams and our dogs are Optigen tested for PRA (DNA testing for the eyes). Poodles are prone to eye disease and you should not buy one that has not been tested, or you will spend lots of money at the vet later. It is estimated that 1 in 3 poodles are affected (type B or C). Our dogs are also OFA certified for their patellar luxation (knees). Knee problems also plague toy poodles, causing them to become crippled very early.
Recently we have added also the Genetic Screening for Van Willebrand’s Disease (vWD). We want to offer you the best quality dogs possible.
Please read the Health Concerns Section of our articles by clicking on this link: www.aboundingpoodles.com/articles.htm
Thyroid, Heart, and Hips problems: These are not common to Toy Poodles and absent from my lines. The new owner may want to electively test the puppy for these problems and if existent, Abounding Poodles will honor the 1 year warranty against genetic diseases given proper documentation and upon the return of the puppy.
- Age: 8 weeks old
- Price: 550.00 and up
- Website: www.aboundingpoodles.com
- Location: Athens, GA 30608 (United States)
- Contact Number: 706-247-4891